- Make a Donation
- Get Involved
- Community Impact
- Understanding Breast Cancer
- About Us
The Lubbock Area Affiliate establishes funding priorities and a Statement of Needs by conducting a needs assessment every four years. Applicants are encouraged to develop their programs with these needs in mind.
- Increase screening of women ages 40 and over in the service area, with an emphasis in Lamb and Hockley counties.
- Increase educational efforts in the service area, with an emphasis in Hockley County.
- Develop an outreach campaign that informs citizens about free screening opportunities, financial assistance, support, and education in the service area, with an emphasis in Hale and Lamb Counties.
- Provide educational and outreach materials in both English and Spanish–as well as Spanish-speaking staff at educational and service events, when possible–and target efforts for the above priorities and objectives to best reach all population segments in the target counties of Hale and Hockley.
Please note: Susan G. Komen® is not a direct service provider. We do not provide funds directly to individuals for screening or treatment, nor do we make referrals or determine who is eligible for screening and treatment.